Sunday, November 9, 2008

Snapping Paper and Singing

My car has been dead for a while now, and yet I haven't done much to find a new one. I've done some investigations and hopefully there will be some changes coming up soon to that, because I feel like I've seen so much of my parents and I'm so in debt to their kindness that I don't know how to repay them. That was a long sentence.

When I wrote a paper last Weds I had to struggle really hard to write a third line in the opening paragraph. Paragraphs consist of 3 sentences, but I couldn't come up with a third, and I wasted so much of our allotted time trying to make the opening paragraph work. I need to bring a thesaurus too, because I always can think of a word but not the actual word I want to use.

Work was a little slow this weekend. For one, I was training a pair of women and had to just sit there over their shoulder and give corrections where needed. One is slow, one is fast. They are both pretty much okay people. I think the health field attracts some odd folk though. I don't know how else to put that.

We played an alright show with Dressy Bessy. There really wasn't much of a crowd, but I can't say that Katie and I did hardly much promoting the show. It always presents itself when we don't work hard at getting the word out. Unfortunately the show was on a Weds, which really sucks for Toledo. Hardly anyone comes out for the weekend so having a show on the weekday really crimped any hope of a large crowd from the get go. The only band we played with that I was really impressed with was One For The Team, some minneapolis band which reminded me of Mates of State harmonies, happiness of Tilly And The Wall, and Rilo Kiley keywork and guitar. You can check them out at http://www.myspace.com/onefortheteam where you should listen to the song 'Apples.'

Dressy Bessy's lead singer/guitarist Tammy was drunk and probably bumped on cocaine and interrupted my story telling screaming, "Play some music!" Really rude, but how can you tell that to someone that is drunk? Oh well, people act how they like. I was just disappointed.

My new favorite band I've been listening to is a Toronto band called Bruce Peninsula. Stop fucking around and check them out. http://www.myspace.com/brucepeninsula and listen to Steamroller.

Definitely at 3am time for sleep.

No comments: