Friday, June 19, 2009

Because.

So reminder to self, make a list of things you want to do on your actual first real vacation in 3 years. I know I know, it is only a week off from work, but IT IS A REAL VACATION! So:

Waterville roche de bouef.
Singing Fountains in Grand Haven, Mi.
That t shirt place in Grand Rapids, Oh.
That scary reformatory in Mansfield, Oh.
That delicious chocolate shoppe in " "
Gram's grave.

See? See how I do? I just brought all that down. Just by saying the word GRAVE. Also, an interjection, but my keyboard is immensely sticky. I find this to be glorious and funny and gross at the same time. But, I return from my digression, to say I think I need to talk to Gram. I watched a movie called The Savages which was supposed to be some dark comedy but just ended up being dark and horrible but at least thought provoking. It was about nursing homes.

Laura Linney makes me want to kill myself.

I've had a bottle of maple syrup on my desk for about 2 months now. I haven't used it in that time, as far as I can remember. I was going through a really stiff French toast era, and I'm pretty sure it ended. Someone told me to do powdered sugar and maple syrup, but that sounded like a bunch of glarp with whitish mess. That is like pouring sugar on top of your ice cream cone.

One of my friends started smoking again. I want to say something, and I just casually asked if they had started full time on this, but I didn't feel it my place to pursue the matter. I guess people are old enough to make their decisions and they should realize its just a slow steady movement toward lung cancer. I saw enough of that working in the cancer clinic and I couldn't legitimately keep smoking after seeing people's hair fall out, or their desperation to breathe normally in a day. It wasn't easy to quit, but its doable. It will be three years since my last cigarette in September I believe. Oddly enough I still get cravings and today when a rain storm began during the afternoon, I wanted to go down to the porch and sit there while the rain fell around me but not upon me and breathe in that dirty tobacco dust. Just a passing want.

I'm getting old, you know.

No comments: